FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, the NECTM8 organisation is committed to refund all participants fees and dinner tickets.
- If you have paid your NECTM8 registration (or NECTM dinner ticket, etc.) via Ideal or credit card, no additional action from your side is needed; you will receive a reimbursement payment automatically.
- If you have paid via bank transfer however, we do ask you the following: please complete attached form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday May, 29th 2020. It takes approximately two weeks before a reimbursement payment via bank transfer has been processed, after receival of a completed form.
This also applies to conference dinner tickets. If you have registered for the conference, you should have received an information email about the reimbursement procedure. If you have not received this email, please contact the conference secretariat.
The NECTM organisation cannot refund individuals or companies for additional expenses related to your planned conference attendance. These expenses include but are not limited to transportation costs such as airline or train tickets and related fees, hotel reservations, or any other expenses.
We expect to issue refunds in June 2020.
The responsibility for airfare bookings and refunds falls outside the scope of the NECTM8 organisation. A refund will be dependent on the type of fare booked and travel insurance coverage. We advise you to contact your travel agency or airline as soon as possible as well as to check with your insurance company if you can claim the costs.
If you are registered as a member of the organising committee or a speaker and booked your hotel accommodation through our PCO in the registration portal, we have cancelled your hotel accommodation.
If you are a registered as a participant and you have booked your hotel accommodation for NECTM8 via Preferred Hotel Reservations in our registration portal, please find the cancellation instructions below:
- Login at https://www.preferredreservations.nl/
When making the booking you have received the login details. The username is your email address. In case you have forgotten your password, you can click on “Forgot Password”.
- Go to Your Bookings and Cancel your booking
When it is not possible to cancel your booking please contact us by email@example.com
- After you have cancelled your booking you will automatically receive a cancellation confirmation. When you have not received a new confirmation, please check your spam folder before contacting us. If the congress will take place on different date, you will get notice as soon as it is possible to rebook your Preferred hotel.
If you booked your own accommodation, you should directly contact the hotel or travel agency that you used for the booking to cancel them immediately.
Since circumstances beyond anyone’s control forced the postponement of NECTM8 grants from sponsors will be refunded. However, we would be more than grateful if sponsors would consider a donation to help cover the costs of postponing NECTM8 and to support efforts to prepare for NECTM8 in 2022.
We wish to thank our scientific community for sharing their research by submitting their abstracts. As presenters and content may change since originally submitted and presenters could be invited to present their work elsewhere before a possible NECTM8 in 2022, abstracts are withdrawn from proceedings. The same terms and conditions for submitting abstracts for NECTM8 on a new date will apply. We look forward to receiving your abstract for 2022.
If economically possible after final calculations of losses, we hope to make NECTM8 in 2022 possible!
ECTM8 will be jointly organised by the NECTM partners. These NECTM partners are 12 societies from 8 Northern European countries. Members of these 12 societies are eligible for the member registration fee.
The 12 NECTM societies are the following:
– British Global and Travel Health Association (BGTHA)
– Danish Society of Travel Medicine (DSTM)
– Finnish Society for International Health (FSIH)
– German Society for Travel Medicine (GSTM)
– German Society for Tropical Medicine and International Health (GSTMIH)
– Health Protection Scotland (HPS)
– National Travel Health Network & Centre, UK, (NaTHNaC)
– Norwegian Forum for Travel Medicine and the Prevention of Infectious Diseases (NFTM)
– Royal College of Nursing, UK, (RCN)
– Swedish Society for Travel Medicine (SSTM)
– The Netherlands National Coordination Centre for Travellers Health Advice (LCR)
Personal data will be collected, processed and stored by Congress by design (the “Processor”), on behalf of the NETM8 2020 Conference organisers, in its capacity as data controller, only for the preparation and execution of the 8th Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine, June 3 – 5, 2020. Delegates’ personal data will be retained securely and under the applicable law, you may, at any time, request access to your personal data, as well as its rectification, erasure or limited processing, portability of your data, or oppose to the processing by written request addressed to the Data Controller through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congress by design does not give your personal information to anyone else unless one of the following applies;
You would reasonably expect that your information will be passed on to the recipient as part of the provision of products or services to you ancillary to your registration for this conference;
- You have consented;
- It is required or authorized by law;
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health;
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.